Sunday 8 May 2011

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef

Product info:
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss: Coral Reef (#170)
$6.99 (got mine on sale, SCORE!)

Pros:
-beautiful coral colour. It is a nice blend between pink and orange
-not sticky!
-long lasting (I can go for about 3-4 hours without needing to reapply)
-not overly glossy
-pretty, subtle scent



Cons:
-milky consistency. What I mean by this is that when you apply it, it is sort of streaky on your lips so you really have to blend it into your lips with the wand.
-doesn't get under the cupid's bow. This really bugs me because I like being able to apply lip gloss without a mirror! The problem is that when you apply it to your lips and then press them together, that pretty part of the lips under the cupid's bow doesn't acutally get glossed. You basically have to apply with a mirror and make sure you get that region of your upper lip.




Ways to use it:
-just on bare lips
-over a coral coloured lip stick (a great match is Rimmel's Coral Chic)
-over a pink lipstick (it really makes the pink of the coral shine through!)
-over a lip liner (a great match is Rimmel's Spice)



Additional Comments:
All in all, I think this is a great product and I'm glad I bought it. It's not shimmery, which isn't a pro or a con for me. If you're looking for a nice coral colour that gives you good colour payoff without being crazy bright (as many lipsticks are), then I think this might be what you're looking for!

Overall Rating: 4/5











No comments:

Post a Comment