Tuesday 17 May 2011

Review: ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder


















 Blush










 Bronzer






Product info:
ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
$3.00

 Pros:
-very gorgeous colours
-blend very easily
-look natural
-packaging looks very expensive
-the blush has beautiful gold flecks in it that really just make your cheeks pop!
-the bronzer has some nice, light shimmer
-very versatile product!

Cons:
-a little powdery -- when I go in with my brush, I get some fallout around the edges of the compact
-blush colour is sheer (only really a con if you want strong pigmentation)

Ways to use it:
-blush
    -on the apples of your cheeks, as a blush
    -because light application is sheer but shimmery, it makes a great highlight!
    -gorgeous as a lid colour because of the gold shimmer
    -I sometimes pat a bit on the center of my lips. It goes perfectly with a nude pink lipstick!
-bronzer
    -in the hollows of your cheeks to contour your cheekbones
    -a light wash over the temples, cheeks and jawline to create a beautiful tan, sun-kissed look
    -this colour is also gorgeous as an eyeshadow crease colour! It is very easy to diffuse with a blending brush

Additional Comments:

Overall, I would highly recommend this duo. I think it is very comparable to high quality blushes/bronzers and it will look great on many skin tones. It is very versatile so if you bought it and don't like it as the typical blush/bronzer function, you can still make use of it (as I outlined above). I'd recommend this to almost anybody because I think the colours are so gorgeous and multi-purpose, and it is super inexpensive!

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment